UB Eligibility and Application
UB Eligibility Heading link
A student is eligible to participate in the Upward Bound Program if the student meets all of the following requirements:
- Is a freshman, sophomore, or junior student at one of four participating high schools and is recommended by a high school teacher, counselor or principal.
- Meet the U.S. Department of Education’s family income criterion. http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ope/trio/incomelevels.html
- Demonstrates a need for academic support in preparation for entry into an educational program after high school graduation
You may send these documents electronically as PDFs to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver them to our office in the Student Services Building located at 1200 W. Harrison Street Suite 1600. Once TRIO has received these documents, we can move forward with scheduling a get to know you interview so that we may have an opportunity to learn more about you.
UB Application Form Heading link
Fill the application form online using the below links
- Print and complete pdf application
- Bring, fax or email a copy of the following to the TRIO Upward Bound Office:
- Completed application
- Teacher & Counselor recommendation letters
- Proof of parent income i.e. most recent tax return, Social Security, Unemployment, SNAP or Disability Award letter.
Student must attend one of our target CPS schools: Paul Laurence Dunbar High School, Percy Julian High School, John Marshall Metropolitan High School, or Carl Schurz High School, Roberto Clemente Community Academy, Sarah E. Goode STEM Academy