UB Eligibility and Application
A student is eligible to participate in the Upward Bound Program if the student meets all of the following requirements:
- Is a freshman, sophomore, or junior student at one of four participating high schools and is recommended by a high school teacher, counselor or principal.
- Meet the U.S. Department of Education’s family income criterion. http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ope/trio/incomelevels.html
- Demonstrates a need for academic support in preparation for entry into an educational program after high school graduation
You may send these documents electronically as PDFs to email@example.com or deliver them to our office in the Student Services Building located at 1200 W. Harrison Street Suite 2720. Once TRIO has received these documents, we can move forward with scheduling a get to know you interview so that we may have an opportunity to learn more about you.
UB Application Form
- Print and complete application
- Bring a copy of the following to the TRIO Office:
- Completed application
- Teacher & Counselor recommendation letters
- Proof of parent income
Student must attend one of our target CPS schools: Paul Lawrence Dunbar High School, Percy Julian High, John Marshall Metropolitan High School, or Carl Schurz High School